Days You Spend : 09 Days - 08 Nights
From NZD 1650 per person (twin share room)
DEPARTURES : Daily
TOUR ROUTE : Lima – Cuzco – Sacred Valley – Machu Picchu – Cuzco – Puno (Lake Titicaca)
TYPE OF TOUR : Cultural - Nature – Adventure
TOUR OVERVIEW :
Visit the most beautiful colonial cities in Peru, the legacy of ancient civilisations and explore some of the most spectacular landscapes on the planet. Meet the descendants of the Incas and the camelids of the Andes. Discover the Sacred Valley of the Incas, observe how the past is still alive in the islands of Lake Titicaca and undertake the pilgrimage to the peaks of the Andes to tour the magnificent citadel and mountain of Machu Picchu.
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS :
1. Lima : the Peruvian capital is considered a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and is filled with history and culture.
2. Cusco : The ancient Inca capital is a mixture of pre-Columbian sites and Spanish colonial architecture.
3. Chinchero y Ollantaytambo : Discover the town of Chinchero and the Inca fortress of Ollantaytambo among other places in this historic area on the banks of the Urubamba River.
4. Machu Picchu : The lost city of the Incas is hidden at the top of an Andean peak and offers views not only of the mountain range but also of the mysterious Inca past.
5. Andahuaylillas : Visit the Renaissance-Baroque Church of St Peter the Apostle, known as the ‘Sistine Chapel of the Americas’ thanks to its fabulous fresco paintings.
6. Lake Titicaca : Visit Taquile and the floating islands of Uros.
DO NOT MISS!
1. Chullo : This typical hat is made of llama, alpaca and vicuna wool, and is famous for its colours and the warmth it provides.
2. Ceviche : The national dish of raw fish marinated in lime and chili is served with corn on the cob and sweet potato.
3. Pisco sour : This delightful cocktail made with grape brandy and lemon juice is the quintessential Peruvian drink par.
TOUR INCLUDES :
1. GUIDE :
- English-speaking guides
- Standard class accommodation
2. MEALS :
- Daily breakfast at the hotel from day 2
- Lunch on day 4 in the Sacred Valley, on day 5 in Aguas Calientes, on day 7 in the Cusco-Puno route and on day 8 in Taquile Island
3 . TRANSPORT :
- Private transfers from and to the airport
- Shared transfers from and to the train stations
- Train to Machu Picchu round trip in Expedition service (PeruRail) or Voyager (IncaRail)
4. TRAENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIESNSPORT :
- All the visits mentioned in the above itinerary: Casa Aliaga, Cathedral and Larco Museum in Lima; Coricancha Temple, Cathedral, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucará and Tambomachay in Cusco; Living Museum of Yucay, Chinchero and Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley; Machu Picchu on day; Andahuaylillas, Racchi andPucará Museum in the Cusco – PunSo and Uros and Taquile Islands in Puno.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE :
1. International and domestic flights.
2. Domestic flights (we suggest booking the first flights in the morning)
3. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages during meals.
4. Tips for driver and guides
5. Additional optional visits
6. Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC) for children from ages 10 to 17
7. Mandatory supplementaries for special dates like Easter Holidays, Inti Raymi, National Holidays, Christmas and New Year´s mentioned separately.
A transportation service and a guide will pick you up from the airport at the scheduled time to transfer you to your hotel in Lima. The Peruvian capital is a modern metropolis full of history and is home to approximately 10 million inhabitants. The city is currently undergoing an exciting process of cultural and economic changes.
1.Overnight at the selected hotel in Lima.
2. Optional activity: Tour to the Magic Water Circuit + dinner show. (request for prices)