Days You Spend : 06 Days - 05 Nights
From NZD 1798 per person (twin room)
DEPARTURES : Daily
TOUR ROUTE : Cuzco – Huilloc – Machu Picchu – Cuzco
TYPE OF TOUR : Cultural - Nature – Adventure
TOUR OVERVIEW :
Cusco is known for its Inca history, its impressive archaeological centres and its beautiful colonial heritage seen in its churches and mansions. However, it is the living culture that gives it the charm that makes it unique, the towns that still preserve their mystical heritage and Andean traditions. Discover on this trip the true essence of the life of the Andean man, living in a community and being part of their beliefs and rituals in a unique experience.
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS :
1. Cusco : The ancient Inca capital is a mixture of pre-Columbian history and Spanish colonial architecture. Visit the Coricancha Temple, the Cathedral and the archaeological sites of Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay.
2. Sacsayhuaman : Emblematic building erected by the Inca Pachacuti in the 15th century. It is an immense fortress built with large boulders and their transportation and assembly still remain a mystery.
3. Machu Picchu : The 'Lost City' of the Incas is hidden at the top of an Andean peak and offers views not only of the mountain range but also of our past.
DO NOT MISS!
1. Sweet history : Taste the chocolate truffles with pisco in one of the four Choco Museos in Peru.
2. Ancient knowledge : Discover the Andean phytotherapy in the Museum of Sacred, Magical and Medicinal Plants of Cusco.
3. Cusco’s art : Visit the Puna art gallery, which sells unique pieces of local origin and houses the original photographic file
TOUR INCLUDES :
1. GUIDE :
- Operated with a guide in English and Spanish.
2. ACCOMMODATION :
- Two nights of accommodation in Lima, three nights of accommodation in Cusco and one night of accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
3. MEALS :
- Daily breakfast from day 2.
- Lunch on day 4.
- Box breakfast on day 6.
3 . TRANSPORT :
- Transfers from/to the airport in private service.
- All transfers from / to the hotel to the train station and bus station.
- Round trip train to Machu Picchu in Expedition service (PeruRail) or Voyager (IncaRail).
4. ENTRANCE FEES AND ACTIVITIES :
- All visits included in the programme: Vinicunca Trail & Machu Picchu on day 4.
TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE :
1. Personal expenses, drinks and meals not explicitly mentioned in the programme.
2. Tips for driver and guides.
3. Additional optional visits.
4. Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC)
5. Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTC ticket) for children from 10 to 17 years old.
6. Supplements for special dates such as Holy Week, Inti Raymi, National Holidays, Christmas and New Year obligatory mentioned separately.
7. International flights to Peru.
8. Domestic flights (we suugest booking the first flights in the morning).
9. Walking sticks
10. Domestic and foreign airport taxes
Local Community Experience included Machu Picchu
A vehicle waits for you at the airport in Cusco for the transfer to the selected hotel. In the afternoon, take a city tour that begins in Coricancha, also known as 'The Temple of the Sun', which was built by order of Inca Pachacuti and at the arrival of the Spaniards became the foundation for the construction of the Santo Domingo Convent. Then, visit the Cathedral, the most important monument of the Main Square, construction of which was completed in 1654. Then, head to Sacsayhuaman, one of the most emblematic buildings of the Incas, erected by Inca Pachacuti in the 15th century. It is an immense fortress built with large boulders and their transportation and assembly remains a mystery. Continue to Qenqo, an archaeological complex mainly for religious purposes, where agricultural rituals were held. To conclude, visit Puca Pucara, seven kilometres from the city. Puca Pucara, meaning 'red fort,' was an architectural complex of alleged military use with multiple environments, plazas, baths, aqueducts, and towers. It is believed that it was used by the Inca entourage while the leader rested in Tambomachay. When finished, return to the hotel.
1. Overnight in Cusco.